Re: Dynamic Zones

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 07/15/97

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin wrote:

> I may be missing something here, but why don't you make a spec_room, so
> the ship can be a whole zone, unless you want to have a bunch of ships you
> could do this more easily.
But, But, But,....

 Why making a spec room? If you create a spec on mob and then mob is
moving around and when you do "board" at mobs presence you get teleported
to the ship, which is in fact whole zone... And mob is mooving around by
itself....

> Did I miss something or were the ships intended to be multiple and for
> some reason non traversable? (I like the above because you canmake a ship
> as big as you can, even with several rooms, if you use the vehicle code
> you can even have 5 different ships and enter each separately and drive it
> around, couple it witha  mobprog and you could have the thing drivable
> with chaffeur..:)

Ah, this is a bit different... :) I think that the talk was about the
pirate ships wandering around the sea... And not being able to ride with
them....

But still if you create a mob, it is the same... when mob moves, the whole
zone is moving, because when you exit ship, then you're again back with
the mob... So if the mob is moving, then you get the feeling that the ship
is moving,...

David!