Re: [NEWBIE]Question about d->character

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/16/97

> What I am wondering is what exactly does the d do?  I know that the d
> somehow represents the connection, but I'm not sure in what way.  So like
> in the d->character, somehow, I can tell from the code, it points to the
> characters data in the lib files.  Is there any certain code I can look at
> to figure it out, or is the d something that is really simple and I'm
> just not understanding it?  Thanks.  (The d is in the interpreter.c, and
> is used in the "CON_STUFF")

        the "d" is actually defined above in the function arguments in
most cases as "descriptor_data *d" - a pointer to the character descriptor
data. d->character is a pointer to the character data which is commonly
represented in other places as "char_data *ch".  You sound like you're not
very sure of pointers and structs.  Just read a c book, and if you already
have a good grasp on the basics, just check the index for "struct(s)" and
"pointer(s)".

                                        Patrick Dughi