Re: [IDEA]Artifacts

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 07/16/97

At 01:28 PM 7/16/97 -0500, Crimson Wizard wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Demond De Inosantos wrote:
>
>>         One of my builders gave me an idea for a few things one is
>> artifacts or weapons that when wielded and say your fighting and your
>> artifact weapon is the sword of flames that sword would cast like
>> fireball but wouldn't cost the wielder and mana.
>Two muds that I know of have this:
>
>Highlands II at hlii.highlands.org 9001
>Ruins at cyberplayce.com 8000

I have seen this on several muds in the past, but it was so far in past that
i don't remember which ones they were or if they were even circle at all.
One weapon that stands out in my mind was a weapon that randomly chose a
damage spell and everytime you hit the mob it would cast its randomly chosen
spell.  I always thought that was cool to have in mud.  perhaps that will
help out a bit.

The way i would approach this problem is to make an spec_proc   (i'm pretty
new to using spec_procs so i don't know exactly how this would be done) and
name it firball_weapon or poison_weapon or others and just have it cast that
spell (but first make it fail to cast the spell every once in a while so its
not too powerful because then everyone would be using a weapon that casts
spells and no one would want the normal weapons anymore).  Confused?  let me
simplificy things a bit...  make spec_proc cast fireball.  there.  but you
can do this a different way and change everything in the mud just to make
work.  or maybe you have a much better idea.