Re[2]: Spells affecting mobs or objects...

angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM
Date: 07/18/97

     Quote ------>
>Enough of this already.
>If you don't want people posting questions to the list, don't answer
>them. Don't send a reply which has no meaning in context and abuse them
>for not reading the code.

        Yes, but that is a question that could easily have been answered far
better than we could by just reading the code. It's not complicated, and if
you can't read even that part of the code, you shouldn't be coding.

OBCircle:

Can someone help me with creating a moving vehicle (a ship in particular),
that takes up a specified number of game ticks to get to it's destination?
So I can make it take 3 game-days to get somewhere, etc...
(I hope this isn't a RTFC question... *grin*)

     ------
     with reguards to the flame..  add to this, the person complaining
     about the flame left off his obcircle.. and had a 14 line sig.
     da dink.

     ok... onto the important part...

     Moving Vehicle:
     does it have to be an object that moves through the mud, or can it
     just be the teleport room flag patch coupled with a series of well
     described rooms with no exits?  I saw this done useing the teleport
     code, and it worked really well...  esp when it looked like you were
     going to be sent into a deathtrap, but were actually going down a
     whirlpool into a hard level of the mud.  (had to gate/recall/summon to
     get out though ;)

     or maybe use the idea of the train system, where you just take a small
     zone (the ship) have it open an exit to midgaard, 5 tics later close
     the exit, and then after travel time open it in New Thalos.  this only
     really works if people get exhausted a couple of time on the trail if
     they were walking between these zones. (REALLY bump up the move cost!)

     --Angus

     --Angus