Re: Page_string / Buffer size question

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 07/21/97

> G'day
>
>     Got a small Obuild problem here. When my imm types zlist room, the
> joint crashes. The problem is the page_string call. The buffer must be
> tooooo big test = strlen(buf) returns 8888 for the buffer size ;) . Is
> there any way to fix this? I don't want to start touching anything i
> shouldn't be ...
>
> Oh. Please don't say, comment out page_string, because that won't work
> either - it crashes later on due to the buffer still being too big.
> Which buffer is _buf_
> #define SMALL_BUFSIZE  1024
> #define LARGE_BUFSIZE  (12 * 1024)
> #define MAX_STRING_LENGTH  8192

Well, there's no real need to change LARGE_BUFSIZE since it's only in
this instance that it does it, so at the beginning of that function, just
add a:
  char large_buf[10000];

That should do it, but remmeber to change the function so that it always
writes to large_buf, not buf.

Rasdan

> or something else ??
>
> Thanks..
>
> Jussy

  I have done so much,
  with so little,                         James C. Thomas Jr.
  for so long,                                 Rasdan
  That I can do anything                Head Coder of Finality!
  with nothing.