Re: [Code] Spells / Skills Too few of them?

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 07/21/97

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

> Banzai!
>
>  Ok, I have currently 125 spells and I think I might get few of them
> more... So I'm closing to the number 130 which is not good... How did you
> guys solved this? There are a lot of things dependant ont hat MAX_SPELLS
> MAX_SKILLS defines... You can change them sure... But! What about all
> those unused things?! What If I want to make room for 500 spells? WIll I
> have to put in 300 UNUSED?! *cringe* *shiver* *hide*
>
> So I started to think... We get rid of all those unused thingies... I make
> separate tables for skills/spells/npc-spells/ then change whole mud to
> work with that...
>
> Now, is this a hard work or what? ;> Anyone done thaT? I think there are
> people who did it before... :)
>

> David!

I did this because I thought it would use up less memory (Incidentally,
it has). It took me about an hour or two to do it, it's not that hard you
just have to be VERY careful with the messages.

Rasdan

  I have done so much,
  with so little,                         James C. Thomas Jr.
  for so long,                                 Rasdan
  That I can do anything                Head Coder of Finality!
  with nothing.