Re: [Code] Spells / Skills Too few of them?

From: Søren Peter Skou (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 07/23/97

Chris Proctor wrote:

> The main problem is that changing MAX_SKILLS will corrupt the playerfile,
> assuming you're using binary playerfiles. I did it before my mud really
> took off, and the players thought it was worth having to be reimbursed
> levels to get more spells.
It's true that it will corrupt the player file, but hey, you know the
old format, and you know the new format? Then just write a Converter (I
think there is a snippet on, er, the snippets site :)

We changed from 32 to 128 Bits, and at that point we had over 200
Players in the Database Some which played pretty often, so sitting and
reimbursing 200 players.. nah, better look at some way to convert them.
Actually it's not that hard. I'll see if I can dig up my old Converter..
:)

/T-Rex