Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] Metro and Oasis OLC

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/23/97

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Carynne Bellamy wrote:

>1) Back in 1996, there were a flurry of messages about the Metro system
>Jeremy had written.  He said he would make the source code to this spec

Before my time.

>- Whenever we save a room, mobile, object, zone, anything, from the
>menu, the MUD crashes and NT returns the error: 'The instruction at

It's a (very) well known problem with OasisOLC that shows up enough to
almost make me want to fix the patch. :)

>error occurs IMMEDIATELY after I type "y" to the "Do you wish to save
>this room internally?" prompt, so it isn't even writing to the syslog
>like it should.

Comment out 'free(mob_index);' in medit.c by medit_save_internally().
(I think that's the one, from memory)

>Oasis OLC.)  On the completely non-modified version of CircleMUD, typing
>nmake produced a whole SLEW of errors such as:
>
>"sedit.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>_olc_add_to_save_list"

Sounds like you're still referring to functions in olc.c but not including
olc.o in the list of OBJFILES in the Makefile.

>I guess I'm hoping that perhaps someone out there is familiar with
>either of these two problems occurring under Windows NT 4.0/95.  We've
>exhausted just about every idea we have for the original Oasis problem.

Hasn't happened personally (I code in Linux), but I hear about it very
frequently, enough to remember (sometimes) how to fix these things.

-George