Re: [NEWBIE] Installation of OLC

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/29/97

> What's the best OLC to use?  Oasis is impossible to install and obuild
> lacks features...anyone have any ideas?  I am running 30bpl11.

        I don't believe there are any patch-style olcs out there besides
oasis and obuild. However I could be wrong. As far as impossible to
install and lack of features, there isn't anything wrong with oasis (as
far as installation) that would stop you from putting it in if you knew
just a bit about coding.  And that same little bit would let you add new
functions right into sammy's obuild.  If you're looking for drop in code,
you may get lucky, and find it occasionally, but if you can't figure out
the odd random error yourself, you're not capable of running a mud. Only
half of it is building. The other half is ability to code, debug, and
maintain that code

                If you're really horribly stuck, get the version of circle
with oasis already built in.  Then re-apply all the other patches you
have.

                                                PjD