Re: [ Code ] My previous post...

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 07/31/97

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>  Hm, Ok... that FREE didn't quite work, I got some parse error, but then I
> put something similar into free_char()

Dunno didn't try it before I wrote it.  Possibly it needs some braces
around it.

> Right after free(ch); I added ch = NULL;
>
> And hmm... ch is still not freed... *grumble*

Huh?  Your first post seemed to indicate that your problem was ch wasn't
set to NULL after being freed.  Now you're saying that it isn't being
freed at all?.  If ch is a valid pointer and free(ch) doesn't free it,
your libc is broken.

If what you mean is that free(ch); ch = NULL; is not giving you a NULL ch
afterwards, you've got some other code that's causing problems.  Try
setting a breakpoint after the ch = NULL; and stepping through the code
to see where it's changing.

Sam