[Extraneous Bug] Problem with clans not writing.

From: Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin (mud@SPARC.CIATEQ.CONACYT.MX)
Date: 07/31/97

Hiya!

I am having an odd problem wih the clan file not writing properly,
coredumping the mud and then not being able of coming back (since the file
is blank... I have noticed this may be in relation with some of my
characters having undefined rent codes.

It always happens at nights, and I haven't been able of finding the reason
for this, so I'll try to give more insight and I'll ask for help here..:)

Lets GDB and backtrace:

#0  fprintf () at fprintf.c:32
#1  0x4c3578 in write_aliases (ch=0x1034d0f8) at alias.c:41
#2  0x444f50 in do_save (ch=0x1034d0f8, argument=0x1002ba40 "%d\r\n",
cmd=0 subcmd=0) at act.other.c:470
#3  0x489018 in command_interpreter (ch=0x1034d0f8, argument=0x7fff0e48
"sav") at interpreter.c:776
#4  0x41b178 in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:633
#5  0x419f94 in init_game (port=3) at comm.c:270
#6  0x419da4 in main (argc=3, argv=0x7fff2f24) at comm.c:240

fprintf works great every other place, and it works great here most of the
times, except those times when it crashes (I have not seen what makes it
crash)...

Ideas?

Eduo