Re: [ Code ] My previous post...

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 08/01/97

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Chaotic wrote:

> better yet sammy, why not do a check on the pointer and make a log entry?
> you wouldn't know who the culprit is, but at least you'd know that you had
> a problem somewhere.  as in:
<code snipped>

As a debugging macro, yeah, I'd use something like what you suggest.  Mine
was intended more as a blanket replacement of all the free() calls in the
code.  Forcing all freed pointers to NULL gives you a good way to check to
see if they're valid before trying to access or free them.

It could eliminate practically all those nasty libc crashes if you have
lots of checks in place.

Sam