Re: Spec-Proc / Renting Question

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 08/07/97

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, <Pure Krome> wrote:

> i thought using two_arguments(arg, buf, buf2); might work, but if i
> type in pay 10, then buf is pay (of course) but buf2 is "" which is
> nothing. I thought it would be 10 or whatever preceeded pay.

> if (CMD_IS("rent")) {
> ... heavily modified ....
> else if (CMD_IS ("pay"))
>     buy_rent_hours (ch, rent);    /* <---- IN HERE (in that func) is
> where i want to have the
>                                                         second arg
> check*/

What's the "rent" variable in buy_rent_hours?  If you run arg through
two_arguments at the top of gen_receptionist you should get "pay" and
whatever the argument is.  If you're trying to use two_arguments in
buy_rent_hours, you probably aren't passing the whole arg.

So I'm guessing you could fix things by changing the function call to
either :

buy_rent_hours(ch, arg);  /* and put two_arguments() in buy_rent_hours()*/

or:

buy_rent_hours(ch, buf2); /* with two_arguments being in gen_receptionist*/

Sam