Re: [CODE] "chown"

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 08/08/97

        Sorry - did it again, previous post was not complete...

> > > I have it on my mud it is nice and very simple to implement..
> >
> > Just remember to check for Null eq positions :)
> >
> > Believe me this will be very important in the long run..
>
> I'm not sure I understand this.  It looks like all it does is take an
> object from one character and give it to another, right?  I don't see how
> that could be very important.
>
> Sure, I've dealt with players who wouldn't respond to a polite, "please
> give the sword back to so-and-so," but only once each.  >:)
>
> Anyway, are there other applications for this?

        I have seen a similar command - it grants ownership of the object
to a specific person.  This action 'costs' experience points, but allows a
person to use the "call" command.  The "call" command simply teleports any
equipment belonging to you, uh.. to you.  So if you really liked a piece
of equipment, you'd claim it, and could be assured that you'd never loose
it.  Of course, if someone else gets it, they can claim it as well... and
override your claim.  But if a mob kills you, corpse retrieval can be
pretty easy.

        Personally, I thought that this was rather unrealistic, but maybe
you could get a mage who would enchant pieces of eq in this manner
(spec_proc time!) and charge an enormous fee.... Never know..

                                                PjD