Re: windows off-line builder

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 08/08/97

WHY in the hell did you send this file to everyone is BEYOND me.

Next time, ask WHO wants the code, instead of sending it to all
300 some-odd people on the list.   I spent awhile waiting for this
file to download, to find out that it was an off-line builder.

No offense, and this is meant as standing AGAINST your program,
but next time, at LEAST have the courtesy to ask who wants it,
instead of sending it to EVERYONE!.

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

At 09:56 PM 8/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I can't octet encode sorry, it will have to be mime, perhaps someone can
>get this and octet encode it if necessary..
>
>About a little over a year ago when I got a building job for a mud, I had
>to write a sample zone.  I didn't like designing it from the docs, so I
>made a little thing called builder to make zones, mobs, objects, and
>rooms.  It has dialogue boxes which ask questions, and it writes the text
>into the main window so someone can change it, then just insert the curser
>where you want and go on the menu again.  It has most of the bitvectors
>and things just rights, except for the object values.  I posted it to the
>circle site a long time ago, and got a lot of feedback.  I made this when
>I knew NOTHING about C, and was just getting into programming and only
>knew basic.  It isn't the best, but like I've said I've got positive
>results.  Many imps have mailed me and asked if they could modify it for
>their own mud with the source code.  It is written in visual basic 3, and
>perfect for winblowz..  i no longer use winblowz, so for obvious reasons I
>can't support it :)  Anyway this also fixes one bug that made it
>incompatible with a rare few circles that required the zone number inside
>of the room files.  The building docs for circle 3 said it wasn't
>required.  This program is made to build on circle 3 in case that wasn't
>already obvious :)
>
>if I can get a program that will octet encode this, i'll post the source
>code, I'm bad enough posting in mime :)  Anyway if you have a question
>please don't email me because I don't support it anymore :)  If you want
>the code, then email me and we'll set something up....

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |