Re: Damage messages

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/16/97

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Jeremy Elson wrote:

>One of the tweaks I've always meant to get around to doing but never
>did was change the messages you receive when hitting (e.g., tickle,
>massacre, etc.) so that the message relates to the number of HP taken
>off the victim relative to their total HP, instead of based on the
>absolute number of HP taken off.  Is the general consensus that such a
>scheme is a Good Thing?

It increases the vagueness of damage, which is a good thing.  Also has some
realism in that your best strike against something much bigger than you
probably doesn't affect it all that much, but little things (low hp) would
be slammed relatively worse.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard