Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Jason Fischer (jasonf@COMPUMEDIA.COM)
Date: 08/18/97

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, d. hall wrote:

> I'm made changes to the room file parsing to emulate something like this.
> Although with OLC, a human readable format is less important.

I'd have to disagree.  Human readable should still be high on importance.
The only thing I use the OLC for is walking around the zone making sure
doors are set correctly, exits line up, etc.  Most of the builders I've
watched (using OLC) spend more time tweaking stats than they do writing
good descriptions, and trying to preserve game balance.

I'm still of the opinion that truely good zones come out of text editors.

jason

--
Jason Fischer            |  Any smoothly functioning technology is
jasonf@compumedia.com    |  indistinguishable from a rigged demo.