Re: Fwd: you guys, read this,......

From: Alex (fletcher@DEMOCRACY.QUEENSU.CA)
Date: 08/20/97

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin wrote:
> Three pleas:
>
> 1.-End this sillyness here

I figured I did that with my mail kicking him off the list... which leads
to...

> 2.-Kick Dmitri from the list or set him as NOPOST

Chain letters count for instant removal from the list.  No warnings.  No
returns.

> 3.-Put a size limit on the list posts (I know this is hard because of code
>    contributions) or a settable preference (available at LISTSERVs, not
>    sure if this is one now).

There is one now.  200 lines of posting.  If you need to post more, send
it directly to me or use the FTP site.

This should stop people from posting enormous binary files too.

This should take care of George's comment as follows:

> Code contributions are a lot longer than a chain letter without the
> headers.
> This would create problems for people who wish to post a snippet or
> don't have a web page to publish their creations.
This is the reason I have the snippets site.  It provides a good central
location to check as well, rather than havig to go through 40 or 50
different sites to find that one piece of code.  (=

> Just booting them usually raises the average intelligence of the list.
Unfortunately, it doesn't always raise it by much.  Take note of the
fellow last week who began swearing and complaining openly when someone
*else* was removed from the list.

F.
--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.