Re: 128-bit code

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/20/97

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

> This evening, I'm going to try putting in the 128-bit code snippets.  It
> looks a little daunting when you start reading it, so I thought I'd
> quickly post up here and ask if there are any pitfalls or things I should
> be aware of before I plug it in.

Sorry for the second email, but just thought of this as well...

You'll need to do one of the following with your .wld, .obj, and .mob files:

1) Trash them and start from scratch.  (What I did cause I was trashing
        the world anyways.)
2) Write a converter to convert from the old data, to the new.
3) Manually convert the data from the old to the new. (YECH!!!)

Oh.. and as always with a big project like this... Backup the ENTIRE mud
before starting just in case it doesn't work right, or you goof up and
FUBAR the code.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!