Re: 128-bit code

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 08/20/97

Go with bitfields!  :)
        I tried both a found bitfields easier to work with,
although they are more difficult to implement, and will
break any OLC you may currently have...
(the bitfield code on the ftp site supports the ascii flags
currently used in the mob and obj files, so you wouldn't
have to change your database at all.  If you do use this,
however, be aware that to get at bitfields 27-52, use a '|'
before the letter, 53-78 has '||', etc.  So to set bit one,
use 'a', to set bit 27, use '|a', bit 53 is '||a', etc.)
        If you go with the 128 bitvector-array code, just
remember to rebuild your database (hope you have perl :)
Good chance to really get to know your db.c, if you don't
already ;)

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

        Il dort. Quoique le sort fut pour lui bien etrange,
        Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange.
        La chose simplement d'elle-meme arriva,
        Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.