Re: 128-bit code

From: Nathan Davies (alamar@MARQUIS.NETINC.CA)
Date: 08/20/97

> > This evening, I'm going to try putting in the 128-bit code snippets.
It
> > looks a little daunting when you start reading it, so I thought I'd
> > quickly post up here and ask if there are any pitfalls or things I
should
> > be aware of before I plug it in.
>
> Sorry for the second email, but just thought of this as well...
>
> You'll need to do one of the following with your .wld, .obj, and .mob
files:

> 1) Trash them and start from scratch.  (What I did cause I was trashing
>         the world anyways.)
> 2) Write a converter to convert from the old data, to the new.
> 3) Manually convert the data from the old to the new. (YECH!!!)
>

> Oh.. and as always with a big project like this... Backup the ENTIRE mud
> before starting just in case it doesn't work right, or you goof up and
> FUBAR the code.
>

> John Evans
> mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

This really isn't that hard to do(changing the wld etc files that is)...

It's great with OasisOLC...cuz you just change the oedit/redit/medit
routines, and leave the db.c alone, then boot the mud, and save every zone,
for obj/rooms/mobs, then change the db.c and it should work great...it did
for me :)

Av fun, good luck an hey...enjoy life :)

Nathan Davies,
alamar@mail.netinc.ca