Re: Would like to start a mud

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 08/24/97

On Sunday, August 24, 1997 11:21 AM, Robert J. Owens
[SMTP:tazman@ULTRA.CCP.COM] wrote:
> Hi I love mudding and would like to try and build one!
> I am using Win 3.1 DOS 6.22

Upgrade  to win95 or install linux  (http://www.redhat.com) or  freebsd
(http://www.freebsd.org) first.
Win95 with GNU or MSVC compilers will run circle very well for a development
mud. The general
consensus seems to be that to run a successful production mud, unix is
indicated.

> anyone know where I would be able to download a starter mud to rearrange
> etc the way I want it ??

ftp.circlemud.org .. this is the Circlemud list after all :-)

> Thanks for your help

If you must keep win 3.1 then I think you'd best be good at win32s .. you'll
need it :-)

--Mallory
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never
expect it.     - Jack Handey