Re: [NEWBIE] Increasing MAX_SPELLS and MAX_SKILLS

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 08/24/97

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

-+(Oh, and yes, I recognize it will require nuking the player file).

Feh, of course, something important snipped out of the other message.  I
should have read this first before speaking.  Anyway, it actually doesn't
require nuking the player file.  Just conversion, which actually isn't
all that hard.  A conversion program has three steps primarily:

  - load old data into old_char_file_u structure
  - transfer data to new_char_file_u structure
  - write new data

(This will hopefully, at least partly, make up for the moot-pointed
one-liner I just sent..<do'h>; if it was unforgiveable in your mind,
all I can say is "sorry, mistake"; either that or, "Excuse me, would
you kindly fuck off?" [it's a quote from a Demi Moore movie, you know,
the old one with Mathew Broderick and she plays a singer...and it has
George Wendt...and...]).  Hm, this is your brain on drugs...

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.