Re: [ Problem ] Areas changing...

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/27/97

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

> I just want to hear others opinion should this be done in real world? I
> mean real world mud, that is running and players are playing... Because, a
> lot of them have pre-made dirs and they speedwalk to the different
> locations... So adding one more room which was not there before... Would
> mixed up all of their dirs.. ;> Pretty nasty... I think that players would
> hate it...

I'd say do it. In the real world, roads are always being re-done and
re-routed. If a player expects a MUD to be static in its existance, then
they really aren't expecting much at all.

So long as the new path doesn't directly lead to a death trap, then I
would see no problems with it at all.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!