[ Off-Topic ] Editor holy wars.. was Re: Port Changing

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 08/28/97

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:

> >think so. :)
> This is where i _truly_ hate to disagree with ya, Daniel.
>
> I personally prefer VI over PICO/PINE or EMACS.
>
> mostly because it accept every character as a different command.
>
> just makes it faster for me.
>
> Any insight into this? :-)

 1) I agree with Daniel - JOE forever!
 2) Who would call vi editor? In the old days DOS 3.3 and below used to
have 'an editor' called EDLIN that was a line editor... VI is not even
that... And besides, VI that comes with linux is called ELVIS! ;>

 3) Let's kill this thread, because it will become a war... and it's way
off-topic...

David!