Re: [Code][Dumb]do_who

From: Crimson Wizard (cwizard@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 09/01/97

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, J.T. wrote:

> I know this is probably really stupid, but I'm really tired and I can't
> seem to get it to work. I added the sorted do_who snippet and I keep
> getting this error:
> act.informative.c: In function `do_who':
> act.informative.c:1060: warning: `tch' might be used uninitialized in
> this function

Which snippet are you referring to, there are a bunch out there.  All of
the ones i looked at don't seem to use any GET_X(tch) calls... shrug.

> Everything looks fine to me, unless something was left out of that
> snippet that I didn't pick up on.
> Also, I wanted to change the gods to show up as
> [Immortal] Mordrek the Implementor instead of [55 Wa] blah blah...
> Any ideas of how I could do that?

Yeah, the snippet you used (or any other snippet) shoulda done this..  but
if not, this is what you might try adding: (this is from my mud)

  const char *WizLevels[LVL_IMPL - (LVL_IMMORT-1)] = {
    "&C..&WKNIGHT&C...",
    "ARCH KNIGHT",
    "GATE KEEPER",
    "&C.&WPROTECTOR&C.",
    "&C...&WDEITY&C...",
    "&C....&WGOD&C....",
    "GREATER GOD",
    "&C...&WLORD&C....",
    "&C.&WHIGH LORD&C.",
    "IMPLEMENTOR"
  };

then in the actual who output..

somewhere after it spits out a little bit of text.. i have

    if (GET_LEVEL(wch) >= LVL_IMMORT) {
      sprintf(Imm_buf, "%s%s&B[&W%s&B]&n %s", Imm_buf, CCYEL(ch, C_SPR),
              WizLevels[GET_LEVEL(wch)-LVL_IMMORT], GET_TITLE(wch));
      Wizards++;

--
#!/bin/sh
whois yea.com|grep YEA2|awk '{print $1}'