Re: Pissing off the players administration

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/02/97

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Andrew Helm wrote:

>You and I can come to an understanding, I'm sure of it. However,
>Daniel is still out on the playground calling names. I wish he

Huh? Daniel?

>would get past the words to the ideas behind the argument, but

He is more than often in the argument and OTHER people argue over the
details of the wording.

>he has already decided I'm an idiot and can't possible have
>something to say that he hasn't already thought of. Oh well,
>his loss. :)

Arguing over semantics, repeatedly, does that sometimes.  I would guess
he's just disgusted at the entire argument and would rather see it die.

Circle:  Would people rather the DB routines just barf an exit() upon a
world error or skip the errant room?  Personally, I would rather just lose
a room or object or mobile instead of preventing the MUD from rebooting.

Non-prototyped mobiles will be fun.  Imagine a function that takes a player
character, converts them to mob format, and then saves them to disk in the
mob files with the vnum being their ID num.  If we fiddle with the mob
files a little and use ASCII pfiles so the change isn't as drastic we could
save everyone in a world file format interlaced with mobs if you want to be
really drastic (players would have a negative vnum).  Hm...getting too far
into this...I'm not even done with it yet. ;)