Re: Finding where mobs load..online..

From: Crimson Wizard (cwizard@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 09/06/97

On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, Stephen Wolfe wrote:

> ok...one of my fellow admins (a paranoid kinda guy) wants to know where
> and when absolutely everything comes into the game and why...so i logged
> the load command for him...and now i'm trying to figure out a way to show
> the room that a mob loads in...right now, i'm thinking that i will just
> open up the zone files and loop through for the particular mob...but it
> seems to me that this would be pretty slow, and a lot of work for a very
> little gain...so..i'm asking if anyone has done this or something
> similar, or if anyone has an idea or two that they'd like to share..

in do_load in act.wizard.c, right after act("You create.....) in both mob
and obj sections add:

sprintf(buf, "%s has loaded %s at [%d]",
  GET_NAME(ch), obj->short_description, world[ch->in_room].number);
mudlog(buf, NRM, MAX(GET_LEVEL(ch), GET_INVIS_LEV(ch)), TRUE);

This will create the appropriate message you are looking for, and send it
to mudlog.  GET_LEVEL(ch) means only those people = to the loaders level
and higher will see the load.

Note.. i made a separate function called implog() for higher level imms to
use.

hope this helps.

--
#!/bin/sh
whois yea.com|grep YEA2|awk '{print $1}'