Re: [CODE] Ranged weapons crashing mud?

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 09/11/97

> Here's my deal. I manually added the ranged weapons patch writen by Dan
> Houghton (with amazingly few errors while compiling). All the ranged
> weapons and mob reactions work well right up to the point where the
> mobile that is being attacked dies then it crashes the mud. Being that I
> had to add the patch manually perhaps I have missed something. I guess
> what I am look for is where the ranged weapons code handles the death of
> the mobile. I can probably fix the problem once I know where to find the
> sections that handle it, however, if anyone wants to offer any other
> advice it would be greatly apreciated.
> Thanks.
        Though this has been discussed before on the list, it was I
believe about 4 months ago+.  The problem, and solution are simple:
The mob is killed, extracted, whathave you. Immediately underneath it is
an act() which requires a ch pointer for the mob to die.  Obviously - you
have to switch the act and die(or extract or whatever) functions so that
it act()'s before its removed. Easy.
                Its probably also in the circle mud lists on the
circlemud.org site.

                                        PjD