Re: RECALL (and cloning too)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/13/97

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, doppsoft wrote:

-+'frozen' for a certain amount of time.  This new recall system will allow
-+easier updates for this.

Agreed, that ought to be done; I did something like this with my mount
code.  Since I figured I needed to have a person dismount in several
places in the code, I made a function that controls dismounting.  Not
only is the code cleaner, but if someone modified the mount code (it
wasn't intended to be the end-all-be-all of mount systems :) then they
didn't need to go hunting down every place that a character is mounted
or dismounted.  It also means that I didn't have to explain how to
mount/dismount a character.  All of these things apply here; so, Jeremy,
if you can get around it, and nobody sees any problems in it; this
might not be such a bad idea for official Circle.

-+Also, on Envy, and other MERC derivatives, there is a command that clones
-+an object (they have object re-stringing, so this is useful)  Anyone have
-+this code converted from Envy?  It also has recursive cloning for
-+containers.  In other words, it copies everything in a container.
-+Speaking of cloning, I personally think this should be put into the shop
-+code, so that you can have a 'box' of stuff for sale, and sell the entire
-+container.  Although to do this, you would have to take the value of all
-+objects in the container too.

Uhm, you mean calling load_object() twice to create two distinct versions
of one object?  Or...?

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.