Re: [Buffers] Problems with improvededit and buffers?

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/14/97

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>Has anyone here, who is running george's Buffer patch and using Improved
>Edit, run into problems with using things like /n ?
>
>I get crashes, it appears the buffer overran, but I don't see why, since
>doing a strlen on it shows it is shorter than the size allotted (which is
>well over 30k)

Did you modify the improved editor to use the new buffers or is it still
using the old ones?  My next question if you modified it would be: are you
sure you're not using a buffer after you freed it?  If not, then try a
debugger trace  and see where it crashes.

(A pointer to a buffer is set to NULL after you use it.)