Re: GNU C++ Compliant version of CircleMUD

From: Kenneth G. Cavness (kcavness@PROXICOM.COM)
Date: 09/15/97

[George wrote]
>>    delete
>
>I don't remember this one conflicting.

It doesn't. I was just thinking of words to look for.

>>2. There are some cases where the .h files are "redeclared" -- a lot
>>of them, as a matter of fact. Around EVERY .h file that CircleMUD 3.0
>>has, place the following construct (replacing FILENAME with the real
>>filename or whatever you like):
>
>I don't remember this problem either. (although I didn't add any -W
>switches to g++ for more pedantic checking.)

Well, I seem to remember that it cleared up some actual linking errors.
This didn't happen until all the object files were compiled and linking
began.

>>4. In the area where function pointers are placed in structs, the function
>>parameters were not included. Just have the function pointer declaration
>>include the correct parameter list. C++ uses stricter typing rules than C.
>
>I didn't have to do that.

Now that's wierd. I certainly did.

>I'd be interested in comparing your new C++ changes to the one I already
>did that is on my web page. :)

I've already started modifying it though, adding my personal String
class, which I know has a few bugs. I'll need to remove those references
before I place it on the incoming site. If you like, I can send it to you
personally before that point.

Thanks,
--
Kenneth G. Cavness