Re: Clans and their Purpose

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 09/18/97

On 9/18/97 9:42 PM, Chris Dodd (CDodd@SND.SOFTFARM.COM) stated:

>I was wondering what purposes clans served on all of your muds.  Do you give
>members some sort of tangible benefit, like a Clan mana pool(beats me, just
>something I tossed out as an example), or is it more abstract?
>
>What I mean is are you using clans for more name recognition and giving
>players a sense of belonging and perhaps purpose?

Clans on my MUD serve the purpose of organization and special benefits
such as supplies and such.  My MOBProg system has expansions for getting
clan info from players.

Clans get 10 rooms for an area, clan members start in the clan base/area,
etc.

Since its the Aliens vs Predator MUD, clans are very obvious: squads,
hives, and packs (marines, aliens, predators).

- Chris Jacobson