Re: Bitvectors

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/22/97

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

>Just a clarification (I hate doing this), but "stock Circle" is not
>32bit.  Stock Circle uses signed integers for most (all?) of its
>bitvector.  So a bitvector in Circle is as big as a signed integer on
>your platform (OS/compiler/machine).

I personally believe they should be 'unsigned' integers by default instead
of just 'int'.  That gets rid of that (bitvector < 0) check in sprintbit()
and allows the use of the last bitvector on machines where the default is
signed.

And you could techincally put 'long long' (or whatever you compiler
extension may be) to get up to 64 bits.