Re: Liscensing and Copyrights

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/24/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Jeremy Elson wrote:

-+I've been thinking about this issue since I saw the original mail, and
-+my inclination (believe it or not) is to say that a completely
-+independent module that includes no CircleMUD code may be exempt from
-+following the license.  I have a feeling that bringing a piece of code
-+under the license just because it uses Circle's structures may be too
-+strict of an interpretation.  (And as for the macros -- well, I
-+suppose someone could just write their own macros to do the same
-+thing as Circle's macros, but what would be the point?)

I suppose it is a little strict of a requirement, although an
"independant module" would be able to run outside of Circle, as
well as inside of Circle; which is a bit problematic to code. :)

-+What do you think, sirs?

Hm, MST3k...

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]