Re: problems with oedit (OASIS)

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/24/97

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Rich Chiavaroli wrote:

>This is probably my own doing but I can't see to figure out what I did.
>In oedit, after you save internally, the S-Desc replaces the L-Desc and

Small bug of mine, look around line 109 of oedit.c for the problem.

>the A-Desc becomes undefined. Everything in there looks pretty straight

The a-desc code appears correct, since you don't have one, it is undefined.
(But of course that could cause problems with staves/wands...does undefined
show up when you use it?)

>forward. When you change the values, everything looks fine 'till you save
>internally and come back in again.

The action description is 'undefined' due to (broken) patches (not mine)
that do not check for 'str && *str' before trying to do something with it.
If that causes wands/staves/potions to show 'undefined' when used I'll fix
that one.