Re: [ Ideas ] Maximum weight, maximum objects player can carry

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 09/25/97

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Darklord wrote:

>  Yes.. i find it to be HELLA STUPID.. why dont people try to make a mud
> realistic..
        For me, Because if I want realism, I just go outside, don't need
100% realism in a MUD, thats overkill.

> or have some kind of futuristic out look that might someday
> become real..
        Sci-Fi MUDS are around, I like Medieval/Fantasy settings myself,
so I have no intention of adding anything 'futureistic'

> Even if we were in the ear 3000.. people (ie humans) would
> not have like 60 arms to hold 60 fucken things.. and yet another arm
> to wield the sword..
        60 is just a SMALL exageration.  If you want to add in in-depth
realism, then go nuts, but to much will compromise playability (see past
post about MUD having people sheathing weapons and crap to pick stuff up.
To me, THATS stupid.

>   If i wanted to be stipid.. i would create a char with 60 dicks and have
> him dick-slap you in the face that many times.
        What the hell?

>   Now thats stupid.
        You can say that again.
                                        #include <Ryan.G>