Re: [Newbie] Chars Loading Room

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 09/29/97

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Tulio Leal Correa wrote:

> I was wanting to make my chars come back where they quit, not in the
> standard load room, ever...so I take off the part the verifys the

Use grep and find all occurances of 'save_char', you'll find alot of:
save_char(ch, NOWHERE);
Replace those with:
save_char(ch, ch->in_room);

There are a few here and there that you don't want to change from
NOWHERE, so you'll have to take your time and do them carefully. The ones
that I did NOT change from NOWHERE were the ones in:
raw_kill() in fight.c
        (They die and are sent back to the start room)
nanny() in interprecter.c
        (Two of them in here, I did not change because one was the
         initial save_char that is called when a new character is made,
         and they aren't in a room yet.  The other one was when a
         character deletes himself. Again, they aren't in a room.)

> something (or everything). Other thing is that I implemented a spell
> fly, and I want my char to being saw as flying, so I create a
> POS_FLYING, that is setted for all char that receives the spell fly,
> or has a innate fly (like harpias), I changed the act.informative.c

Using POS_FLYING is probably not a good idea, but it's your MUD. To set
someone's position when they log in, look in interpreter.c. grep for
'WELC_MESSG' and stick in:

if (the_race_has_fly)
  GET_POS(d->character) == POS_FLYING;

Good luck!