Non-indexed commands

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 10/04/97

I am wondering if anyone has thought about having non-indexed commands.
What I mean by this is commands that are only used in specials, and do
not appear in the master command list.  The problem is, the interpreter
tries to find a command and then sends to the spec_procs.  Is there a way
to let the spec_procs read the command, as it was typed in, and decide if
they use it or not?  For one thing, it forces players to have to learn
some commands, not just type "commands" to find out how to do it.  Also,
it makes it easier to add spec_procs, not having to add a new entry into
the master command list before you can compile.  I am looking for a
discussion on this, or if someone has done it, how they did it (no code,
I want to write this one myself)