Re: Jesus walked on water...

From: Andrew Helm (ashe@IGLOU.COM)
Date: 10/16/97

You know, I'm surprised nobody has offered this solution yet:
implement drop protection. :)

If a player is over water don't let them drop their stuff. Instead,
require them to type "drop!" in order to drop an item no matter
what. I agree with Jeremy on this issue: an everyday command like
drop shouldn't cause players to lose equipment. When you're playing
a mud you don't necessarily realize you're over water, I mean,
it's not like real life where you can feel the boat rocking,
see the waves in the water, or use your other senses. Accidents
happen and causing a player to lose their equipment from "drop"
just seems wrong to me.