Re: missing fclose someplace?

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@PIP.DKNET.DK)
Date: 10/18/97

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Robert Sinland wrote:

> This is a copy of a message I got from one of the IMM's on my mud
> tonight.

Get hold of 'lsof', from:

       The latest distribution of lsof is available via anonymous
       ftp from the host vic.cc.purdue.edu.  You'll find the lsof
       distribution in the pub/tools/unix/lsof directory.

When using lsof -p <your process ID> on your running process, you will see
the open files it has - then you can see that it has say, 40 files open
called /tmp/somethingveryweird and can work from that.

Alternatively, if using Linux, you can look in /proc/<pid>/fd/ - the files
there will be symlinks (well, kind of) to the files open; you cannot see
the names but you can see device number : inode number (and can use a
'find' to find the file). A bit more costly, lsof does something like this
much faster :)