Re: Mud Cheats Page

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/24/97

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, R. E. Paret wrote:

>> #3 - I believe CircleMUD does have mob waitstates.
>
>Yes. Check do_bash if in doubt. :)

Didn't feel like it, mobs can't bash anyway so the point is moot.

>> #5 - Not much to do about that one.
>
>the cityguards shouldn't sneak and hide.

They can't. (Ever switch into a mob? It sucks.)

>This one works like this:
>Go to a crash save room, and die (somehow).
>Have another character loot your corpse, then immediately crash the mud.
>Log both chars back in, go to the crash save room, loot corpse, now you
>have a dup of all your eq.  This is fixed by updating the crash save room
>when things are taken from it (or from containers in it)

You could have buddy A kill you in your house, then type 'save' then loot.
Crash the MUD and loot it again.  This could be easily fixed by simply not
saving corpses if you want the easy way. ;)

The much better solution is just not have your MUD crash!
(Wouldn't that be nice?)