dumb coding ??

From: Tom Whiting (twhiti@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 10/29/97

I just picked up circle30, have put only a few patches on there (the
easycolor patch, the new_mov.diff, the new_who.diff and a couple other
smal things.. Unfortunately, when I go to put in autoloot and make the
files, it gives me the following error message.

gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  act.informative.c
act.informative.c: In function `do_toggle':
act.informative.c:1600: called object is not a function
act.informative.c:1610: warning: too few arguments for format
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

has anyone ever seen this through FreeBSD and if so, how did you get
around it?? I know how to code with many different environments, but
this is my first experiment in c.. any help