Re: [CODE RELEASE] Circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 12

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 10/29/97

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, R. E. Paret wrote:

> One thing I didn't notice you mention, so I thought I'd ask.  Is there a
> diff available for patching stock bpl11 to bpl12? Not like I would use it
> for that purpose, but just to see what you did to the code, and hopefully
> pull out some new stuff I can use on my mud (the part about enhanced
> connection handling sounds extremely tempting). Anyhow, just asking for
> the record.

Umm... Seem that you could do it yourself. Just download a copy of each
and do the diff.

This brings up something.... I used to run a BBS, and the software I used
when from version 2.7 to version 3.0. There were enough changes in it
that the 2.7 utils wouldn't work with 3.0 and vice-versa. This meant that
all the utils had to be plainly labelled at 2.7 or 3.0.

My point... All patches, utils and snippets should probably be labelled
at bpl11 or bpl12 in the future. This, of course, means altering current
web and ftp sites to reflect this information.

I have a bit of spare time that I could throw into the CircleMUD
Community. With the time I would be glad to modify any web sites or ftp
structures for those that know it needs to be done, but don't have the
time to do it. Email me privately if you are interested.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.