Re: [SAVING THROWS] Do they work?

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/05/97

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold wrote:

->        Yet another question regarding saving throws. I re-did the table,
->taking into account the added levels we had added a while ago. Problem is,
->when you stat a char, any char, new or old, he has all 0's for all his
->throws. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?
->        And also, do saving throws work correctly in stock circle? I don't
->have the room to boot one up, but I'm guessing you may also have all 0's
->there also.
->        I made a new char on another MUD, Age of War, and had all 0s. Is
->anyone else having this problem?

Depends upon what you call a problem.  You see, the problem isn't that
saving throws don't work, it's that you don't understand what 'stat'
is showing you.  It's showing you modifications to the saving throw
for that player, not the saving throw itself.

Since most people don't have modified saving throws--especially at
level 1--it'll show you zero.  If you want proof, look at the function
in magic.c that checks the saving throw.  It adds GET_SAVE() onto the
saving throw from the table.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com