Re: [QUESTION] Saving throws

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 11/06/97

At 11:51 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Co-Sysop wrote:
>>have one probably.  When I try to advance someone to a high level (to imp
>>someone for example) it doesn't advance them to the level I wanted.  For
>>example:
>
>Make sure your xp table always increases for every level.   (Run the
>'levels' command.)  It can happen...

Well would you look at that...  It turns out the amount of exp needed
became so large it became negative.  That is most likely why I had the
probably.  I also noticed that it took a very long time to get enough exp
to level.  Which I guess is ok when you have around 30 levels but when you
get to around 70 levels it becomes insanely difficult to get to a high
level.  I played as a mortal with a friend of mine and the two of us went
around for an hour (maybe longer) and I wasn't able to come close to
advancing past the first level.  After all the tampering I have done with
the exp I apparently threw balance out the window.  One of the many reason
I have for delaying the debut of my MUD.

>>throws(If I am wrong please tell me).  But If saving throws are like THACO
>>and you need one for each level then why does stock use 40 instead of 35
>>(34 levels + level 0)?
>
>To make you wonder. ;)

Just another one of those "Just so you would ask that question" kinda
things?  I'm guessing this matter has been poked at a bit in bpl12.(?)