[QUESTION] Saving throws

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 11/02/97

        I was adding some classes to my MUD for remort, which was the
first time I had done so. After going through most of the stuff, I found
the saving throw table in magic.c. Now, my MUD is 50 levels, and I am not
the one that added them, but I noticed that saving throws only went up to
level 40 (I assume this is the stock amount?), I would assume that you are
supposed to expand that if you do add in more levels (A note, after
checking the levels.doc on the Circle site to see if it had any mention of
this, I found that it does not).
        So, I did some checking, and found that all new chars had all 0s
for saving throws. Would the above reason be why? having 50 levels but
only 40 in the saving throw table? and if so, why does it compile?

                                        Ryan