Question about do_stat_character

From: S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 11/07/97

I was RingTFC this evening and I found something confusing in
do_stat_character.  I see that  it fetches the stats, like GET_AC(k) and
GET_GOLD(k) but then when it comes to HITROLL and DAMROLL it uses:
k->points.hitroll and k->points.damroll    Why isnt this
GET_HITROLL(k)?  I see that GET_HITROLL is defined like:
#define GET_HITROLL(ch)   ((ch)->points.hitroll)
Which means the same as k->points.hitroll I think, so what is the
advantage of not using GET_HITROLL(k) or is there no advantage?