Re: Circle's net protocol

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/09/97

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Mark A. Heilpern wrote:

->The main problem (well, problem in my view) with a UDP based mud is
->you will need a special client to access it. Sure, most likely better
->than 80% of your users use zMud which could be considered a special

Uhm, I would wager that less than 25% of users use zMUD.  I think the
most popular would be telnet, tinyfugue, and tintin in that order.  Of
course, I don't have any information to support that, but considering
that the majority of MUDders are coming from UNIX shell accounts, not
Windows95 machines (although increasingly more are coming from there),
I would doubt that 80% of users are using zMUD.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com