Re: Oasis problem?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/16/97

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

>         At random places in the mud an exit to room #0 is being created
> somehow, without human intervention.  Heh, was trying to figure out where
> all the npc's in the void where comming from.  Imagine my shock when I
> found out.
>
>         Also, when I go to remove the new exit by changing the target room
> to a value of -1, redit doesn't quite like this.  It promptly fills a 26990
> into the field for me.

Both are related.

Instead of trying to remove an exit by setting it to -1, use the "purge
exit" option. I would be willing to bet that room number 26990 does not
exist. I do believe that when an exit goes to a non-existant room, it
takes you to room 0. This would explain why all the mobs wandered and
ended up there.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.